Twenty five years deep in brand development, design and consumer goods packaging led us to the stark reality; we need to be the change to design out waste. We care about the oceans, the environment and human wellbeing. Plastic packaging pollutes, microplastics and nanoplastics infiltrate our oceans and environment.
We are problem solvers and designers, ocean athletes and environmentalists. We design out waste, educate change, and work with sustainable materials that can be reduced or reused with a focus on zero waste impact. We partner with innovators and brand leaders to create sustainable packaging solutions that work.
Plastic pollution is causing extensive damage, a major global concern is the full impact plastic is having on the environment and human health isn’t yet known. Research and studies are underway and the preliminary results are concerning.
We have partnered and aligned with world leading research institutes and manufacturers of new materials to create customised zero waste packaging solutions.
New Zealand based. Working worldwide.
Why does it matter?
- Plastic recycling is broken
- As the global population grows, so does the waste we produce
- Companies need to take control of the waste they create
- Microplastics are leaching into our oceans
- Microplastics and nanoplastics are in the food chain and are impacting human health
- Soft and rigid plastics will live on for 500+ years after the product has been consumed
- Plastics don’t break down, they break apart into smaller pieces and don’t go away. Ever.
- We need to reduce our reliance on petrochemicals and oil industry
- Up to 50% of household waste that goes into the landfill is organic and could be composted at home along with certified home compostable packaging
- If every home had a worm farm or access to a compost heap, household organic waste would be diverted from the landfill
- Certified and accredited home compostable film has been tested to ensure it breaks down in the presence of heat, oxygen, light, microorganisms and water and is non-toxic to the environment